Monday 21 November 2011

Central Counties Athletics Day



On the 21st of November some of the year 7 & 8 students went to Central Counties Athletics Day. The events that were held on the day were Discus, Shot-put, Long Jump, High Jump and the running events were 1500 m, 800 m, 400 m, 200 m and 100 m.

We had very good results as lots of us came 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. We would like to Congratulate all the students who are going to Counties Athletics Day and hopefully we will have some students going to Auckland this year.

Thank you to all the Parents that helped on the day, and a special thanks to Mrs Majuary, Miss Clarke and Mr Fourie for making this day possible.

Here are some reflections from the children that participated on the day:

I really enjoyed Athletics because it was challenging (because there were lots of good athletes from different schools) and it was fun! I'm really happy because I got 1st place in the 800 meters and I'm going to Counties. Yay!
Jessica

I had a very different experience it was fun, enjoyable and in some of the events there were very good and fast athletes. I came 1st in the 1500 meters and third in the 800 meters and now I'm going to Counties Athletics Day and hopefully I will qualify for Auckland Champs.
Katie

I really enjoyed athletics because it was challenging and it was really fun. I came 5th in shot-put and 1st place in discus. Now I'm going to Counties athletics day I hope I do really well, so I can make it into Auckland Champs.
Connor.P

When I first imagined what athletics would be like I thought it would be easy, but when it came to the day I soon got a surprise as it was hard. I got 3rd in discus and 5th in shot-put this was a really successful day for me.
Jaydan.I

I really enjoyed going to athletics because it was really fun and a great experience. It was also really challenging for me. I came 3rd in the 400m sprint with I was really pleased with. It was a very successful day.
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment